Saturday, January 13, 2007

Instructers of Classes I attended at Stalag Luft III

'
How did you do this? Did people trace around their dogtags and then write their names and addresses? I did all of the dogtag tracing of each page at one time. Then I went to each for their signature. A German POW dogtag was used for the tracings on this page. Did you do this so you could write them after you got out of the camp? Yes, this would enable me to write each if I wanted to. Another reason for accumulating these names was that I had a personal relationship with each person and that when the war was over, I could look at my Logbook and reminisce the "good old POW days". We were all there together until we were marched on foot approximately 100 kilometers to Spremberg, Germany, where we were put on a "40 and 8" train to another prison camp at Moosburg, Germany. "40 and 8" refers to forty men and eight horses. More about this later.

No comments: